STRENGTH: “CLEAN COMPLEX”
HOW TO APPROACH THE LIFTS
- All athletes will demo the clean complex technique with either a PVC pipe or empty barbell. The trainer will lead everyone through this section in synchronization.
- After the teaching portion, newer athletes unfamiliar with the power clean will grab kettlebell swings and perform four sets of kettlebell swings (see “white” level). Athletes who are experienced with power cleans will grab barbells and begin loading weight on either end for the weightlifting complex.
- Record each set in Chalk It Pro as the weight lifted.
- Complete in singles if needed to ensure proper form.
- Jerk can be Push or Split.
METCON: “JAGGED EDGE”
- Clock: Starting at 13:00, the clock will be counting down. When the clock hits zero, the workout is over.
- Target Score: Your score is the total number of repetitions completed. The goal is to complete at least one full round (10 reps, 9 reps, 8 reps… all the way down to 1 rep).
STIMULUS and GOALS
How to Pace: STEADY! This workout is meant to be challenging, but controlled to avoid burning out.
How it should Feel: MUSCLE ENDURANCE will be at its peak with the double bang on your upper body. Be smart on when to break and don’t rush getting into the movements.
WORKOUT STRATEGY & FLOW
Power Cleans: Should be fast singles.
Strict Pull Ups: See video for more explanations. Make sure to reach full extension at the bottom and find a pull up bar that’s right at your standing max reach for smoother transitions.